- T: 03700868366
- I: +44 (0)1908 48 8366
- M: 07843641602
Scan this code with your phone to save my details.
What is this?
"Heather Chandler is "very professional and always makes herself available to tackle issues""
Heather is an experienced pensions partner advising employers, trustees, actuaries, accountants and other legal specialists and firms on all aspects of pensions matters relating to occupational and personal pension arrangements, both contract and trust based.
Her style is proactive, focusing on a thorough understanding of all the issues whilst developing pragmatic solutions to reach manageable and long term outcomes. She has a strong understanding of the issues and obligations of both employers and trustees when dealing with pension matters.
Recent work undertaken by Heather includes:
- advising clients on corporate transactions involving reorganisations on cross border sales and acquisitions;
- advising an employer on its auto-enrolment duties and communicating with its members and employees effectively and in accordance with the auto-enrolment regime;
- providing independent advice to employers on employment issues relating to pensions, including executive terminations and also advising on contractual issues relating to pensions and interpretation;
- advising the trustees of a pension plan on the buy-out of their scheme involving contract drafting, confirmation as to benefit entitlements, advice on GMP equalisation and other data issues, member communications and trustee indemnity protections;
- attending regular trustee meetings and advising on an ongoing basis on scheme management for trustees;
- providing advice to trustees on issues of interpretation, drafting errors and proposals put forward by sponsoring employers to make changes to the scheme and the resolution of disagreements around interpretation;
- bespoke training for trustees and corporate clients.
Heather consolidates and deepens her understanding of the issues facing both trustees and employers as she is herself a pension scheme trustee and works closely with other advisers.
Heather also manages the team’s transactional practice utilising her 20+ years of experience in managing cross border and multi jurisdictional as well as multi firm transactions.
Heather practiced with Squire Sanders (when it was known as Edge Ellison) from 1993 to 1999 and then Ashurst until the end of 2004 and was made a partner at Shoosmiths on joining in 2005.
BSc Hons Economics 2:1 ( University of Surrey )
DipLaw Pass ( College of Law Chancery Lane )