- T: 03700864071
- I: +44 (0)121 625 4071
- M: 07540158134
"Nichola Jenkins is rated "superb" by clients, who praise the high standards of her work and insightful advice. She demonstrates particular strength in SaaS matters and engages extensively with the most cutting-edge developments in computer technology"
Based in Shoosmiths’ Birmingham office, Nichola specialises in a range of intellectual property agreements including licences, research and development agreements, manufacturing agreements, university spin-outs across a range of sectors including automotive, manufacturing, education, IT, and healthcare.
Having graduated with a degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Nichola is very knowledgeable about manufacturing and production including different processes and systems. She is able to apply innovation with production and development and can see the bigger picture in the forward exploitation of ideas, invention, designs and technology
Nichola’s extensive IP experience includes:
- secondment to leading global automotive brand to assist with a number of research and development agreements, including multi party agreements funded by EPSRC, TSB and under the FP7 programme;
- advising Yamazaki Mazak in relation to manufacturing agreements, research and development agreements and collaboration agreements;
- assisting the Business Support Unit of a research intensive university in respect of a number of R&D agreements;
- assisting a Russell Group University based in the midlands in the drafting and development of their suite of NDAs and R&D agreements.
Nichola is also a specialist information technology and data protection lawyer, and advised many clients in respect of data protection and information security matters, from business-as-usual and ad hoc queries to comprehensive IT and DPA audits and policy reviews.
Some examples of Nichola’s DPA work include:
- carrying out an IT and DPA audit for a major lender of personal finance products in connection with obtaining FCA regulatory approval;
- advising one of the “big four” supermarkets in respect of an agreement for the sharing of customer data;
- advising a global brand in respect of a review of their global policies;
- advising a leading charity and other charities in its “family” of affiliated and associated entitles in respect of their privacy policies and direct marketing campaigns;
- advising a number of Russell Group and other Universities in respect of their data protection and direct marketing queries, including marketing campaigns over social media;
- advising National Employee savings Trust in respect of a number of ad hoc data protection queries.
Upon qualification as a solicitor in 2002, Nichola was employed by global healthcare software provider iSOFT plc as sole legal counsel for a number of years where she advised the company’s many business units at group level and within the various UK and overseas subsidiaries.
BEng (Hons) Manufacturing Engineering 2:1 ( Nottingham Trent University )
PGDL ( Nottingham Trent University )
LPC ( De Montfort University )