Invoice finance, factoring & asset based lending
"Shoosmiths "is lauded for its 'excellent knowledge of the current banking market'.""
Legal 500 2015 (Banking and finance)
Shoosmiths provides commercial and legal advice to receivables and asset based lenders as well as corporate bodies in terms of debt funding and collect out.
In particular, we advise on debt restructurings and financings through the provision of invoice discounting, factoring and asset based lending facilities and receivable collect out for banks and other financial institutions.
Our advice covers reviewing and reporting on underlying contracts, negotiating intercreditor arrangements and putting in place appropriate security documentation.
We obtain the best possible solutions for clients at all stages of invoice discounting, factoring and asset based facilities, from putting in place appropriate documentation through to restructuring existing facilities and formal insolvency procedures to include all types of receivership, administration, voluntary arrangements, liquidation, and bankruptcy.
- Advising a large national corporate on its refinance of a £30,000,000 receivables finance facility
- Advising a large national corporate on its refinance of receivables and stock facilities from a new funder
- Advising Leumi ABL in relation to a £8,500,000 asset based lending facility (including receivables finance, inventory finance, a term loan, an online facility and trade finance) to Cooper Callas, an Oxfordshire-based importer of bathrooms and bathroom furniture
- Advising Leumi ABL on its involvement in the management buy in of Eddingtons Limited including the provision of a receivable finance facility, inventory facility and an online facility
- Acting for the invoice finance arm of a bank in relation to a receivables finance facility for an investor backed Norwich based business supplies specialist
- Advising a paper and packaging group in relation to its receivable finance facilities with a UK asset based lender
- Advising RBSIF in relation to a £28,000,000 receivables and inventory facilities and property loan to William Sinclair Holdings plc., an AIM listed supplier of commercial and horticultural products
- Acting for the invoice finance arm of a bank in its participation in a £200,000,000 facility to an oil importer