Real estate finance
Our banking and finance team offers a full service to banks and financiers on real estate funding.
We also advise on all aspects of real estate investment, development, and sale.
As well as secured lending transactions, Shoosmiths' team is involved in drafting and negotiating complex syndicated facilities, revolving credit facilities, mortgage book acquisitions, investment finance, and development finance and funding services to not-for profit sectors such as education, social housing and charitable institutions.
All our clients receive the same dedicated service, backed by an understanding of commercial real estate issues and how real estate transactions evolve.
We draw upon our planning, commercial, corporate and real estate litigation colleagues to assist with all transactions.
Strong property development credentials see the team advise on professional team appointments, collateral warranties, and step in agreements.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising a care home business in relation to a £33,500,000 senior facility agreement and a £35,000,000 mezzanine facility to provide ongoing funding for its buy-and-build policy.
- Advising The Royal Bank of Scotland plc in relation to senior funding of £10,300,000 in connection with the acquisition of a leisure scheme and complex intercreditor arrangements with the mezzanine debt provider.
- Advising Santander in relation to the £20,000,000 refinancing of a portfolio of West End properties.
- Advising HSBC Bank plc on a £14,500,000 refinance of a property portfolio.
- Advising a private equity backed borrower in relation to the £17,540,000 facility to fund the development of student accommodation in London.
- Advising a London based VCT in relation to a £35,000,000 financing to fund the development of two retirement housing schemes.
- Advising a leading luxury student accommodation developer and operator on a highly structured £30,000,000 convertible loan relating to student accommodation and PRS schemes in England and Scotland.