Financial services agreements
"The financial services element of our commercial team is led by Stephen Dawson. 'Stephen is highly knowledgeable. A real professional who is approachable, straightforward and direct.'"
Recent years have seen substantial changes to both the regulatory backdrop and the general mood within the financial services sector.
Recognising this, Shoosmiths has invested a great deal of time and effort in developing a team that matches nationally recognised technical expertise in financial services, together with impressive commercial acumen.
The result is one of the most experienced financial services teams in the UK.
Our client base is consistently our greatest source of pride. We are trusted by many major international finance companies, well-known high street banks, niche financial services businesses and leasing companies to deliver legal support in a way that suits their business needs.
In addition to this strong client base, our lawyers have all spent time in-house gaining a specific understanding of how to deliver the all-important (and often technically challenging) legal advice.
- Acting for a major international finance house in relation to its implementation of the consumer credit directive; this involved a full redraft of agreements and processes to meet the pan-European requirements of the parent company
- Implementation of a new and entirely unique company car scheme for a major international finance house
- Advising on a UK-based joint venture between a major worldwide car manufacturer and a UK finance house in relation to the dealership funding programme operating in the UK
- Advising a major UK energy provider in relation to its participation in the UK Government sponsored Green New Deal, giving consumers access to 'green' technology so they can reduce their energy consumption and carbon footprint
- Advising in the implementation of the National Loan Guarantee Scheme for a major UK bank, leading the redrafting of customer facing agreements to accommodate the scheme rules
- Advising on all of the commercial agreement and regulatory elements behind the implementation of a new e-signature process for a major UK bank