Successful property development depends on the carefully coordinated involvement of land owner, contractors, consultants and providers of finance.
The procurement of a construction process can at first appear daunting, but our team of experts will provide reliable legal support to help bring your project to fruition.
The team is familiar with the commercial requirements of other parties and how these can be implemented in deliverable building agreements.
All our solicitors have significant experience in all aspects of construction and engineering projects, drafting bespoke forms of contractual arrangements and advising on the main forms of building and engineering contracts (JCT, NEC, MF1, PPC2000).
We act for a broad range of clients across the industry, including major developers, financial institutions, employers and contractors.
- Acting for a developer on a major town centre redevelopment financed by forward funding. Engaging the contractor and professional team. Numerous blue chip tenants
- Acting for a bank on multi-million pound loan to a residential developer. Ensuring security in place for the bank was appropriate in the context of the development
- Acting for a developer in relation to the procurement of a luxury hotel and associated facilities
- Advising a university on its procurement strategies and negotiating appointments and building contracts. Liaising with funding bodies
- Advising on construction aspects of a joint venture between a regional development agency and a private developer on the purchase of multiple sites for development. Significant due diligence undertaken and later procurement advice for developing sites for office, retail and mixed use