Construction projects & infrastructure
Our construction and engineering team has a track record of delivering major construction projects and infrastructure schemes for clients across the industry, and advising on high value projects for both the public and private sector (including PFI).
On infrastructure and redevelopment projects, early interaction with a developer client's professional team and between construction and engineering procurement strategy means we operate as an integral member of the client's internal construction team.
This also means that where consultants or contractors require advice, we are ideally placed to provide robust advice whilst understanding the commercial drivers for the public and private bodies also involved.
Where problems do arise, the team has the experience to help manage the situation and to provide clear, balanced and direct advice with awareness of the importance of the overall project and the requirements of regulators and end users.
- Advising a major public transport organisation on the contract for the infrastructure works required to upgrade its transport network
- Acting for a major UK developer on key elements of its delivery of the £50m redevelopment of a major educational establishment
- Negotiating and drafting design and construction contract for a major bus interchange project
- Advising on an £80m design and construct contract for a rail depot
- Advising client and preparing contracts relating to a new visitor centre at a World Heritage Site