Process plant & power contracts
The team has acted on a wide variety of contracts concerning relating to process plant and power projects.
Its experience includes drafting, negotiation and disputes-related work.
This has involved numerous bio fuels projects and wind energy (on and offshore), and relates to projects in the United Kingdom and abroad.
The contracts involved include both the standard forms (including IChemE, FIDIC and MF/1) and drafting of bespoke contracts for such projects, together with ancillary documentation relating to the projects, such as agreements on harbour usage, joint venture agreements and consortium arrangements.
- Advising client on contracts for construction of the largest bio fuels plant in the UK, constructed at a cost of nearly £400m. Work included drafting and negotiation of a bespoke EPCm contract
- Drafting contracts for several biomass plants, including associated ongoing maintenance contracts
- Acting for a major international client on contracts for re-engineering of its warehouse mechanical and electrical installations
- Drafting and negotiating bespoke turbine supply agreement and associated warranty and maintenance agreements for a major offshore wind farm
- Acting for an international engineering company on its consortium arrangements with other consortium members for conversion of a power station, and advising on the terms of the EPC contract for the conversion project