Equity capital markets
Shoosmiths has one of the largest and most experienced corporate teams outside London, advising listed and unlisted companies.
Our equity capital markets team provides a comprehensive service to clients in:
- pre-IPO structuring, planning and fundraisings
- secondary issues and placings
- mergers and acquisitions
- main market to AIM re-listings
- regulated markets, compliance and governance advice
We are supported by a full range of services, including in our employment, pensions, competition, intellectual property, real estate, tax and dispute resolution teams. We work closely with underwriters, sponsors and nominated advisers.
We seek to understand fully our clients' commercial, financial and business objectives and to make them our own. We work closely with our clients in order to achieve this and will provide an expert team tailored to each client's specific requirements.
Our quoted clients comprise both main market and AIM listed clients and nominated advisers, and include:
- Provexis plc
- Thorntons Plc
- Billington Holdings Plc
- KBC Advanced Technologies plc
- Informa plc
- Kazakhmys Plc
Our team specialises in the mid-market, typically advising on transactions in the £10m-£100m bracket. Examples include:
- Advising Autologic Holdings plc on its £12m takeover by Stobart Holdings Limited, a subsidiary of Stobart Group Limited, by way of a scheme of arrangement
- Open offer and placing for Provexis Plc
- Transfer of KBC Advanced Technologies plc from the main market to AIM
- Advising on the reverse takeover of NuNu plc on its takeover by Just Learning (backed by Alchemy) through a scheme of arrangement
- Advising WH Ireland on the flotations of GEM Biofuels plc, Rubicon Software Group plc, Imaginatik plc and JSJS Designs plc
- Advising Zeus Capital in its capacity as financial adviser to Minerva Bidco (an affiliate of Sun Capital Partners) on the £41m recommended cash offer for Jacques Vert Plc