"[Shoosmiths] know the type of companies we would like to be investing in and make a real effort to look for connections and introductions for us. Not a lot of law firms do this and it is this commercial thinking that I really like."
Investment Director of Palatine Private Equity
Shoosmiths is widely recognised for its expertise in advising on private equity deals.
We act for a number of leading private equity houses and venture capital investors, as well as advising on equity and debt restructuring, early stage and secondary funding and acting for management teams.
Our impressive track record includes advising on establishing funds, making investments, developing portfolio companies including 'buy and build' structures, restructuring and exit strategies.
Recent experience includes advising:
- Oakfield Capital Partners on their investment in textiles business The Gainsborough Silk Weaving Company Limited.
- Private equity firm NorthEdge Capital on its investment into TKC, a Greater Manchester-based kitchen trade supplier.
- August Equity on their investment into Wax Digital, a leading global eProcurement solutions provider.
- LDC on its investment to support the £23m management buy-out of BOFA International, the world's leading designer and manufacturer of fume extraction systems.
- Octopus Investments and Octopus Ventures on over 50 transactions in the last year, including advising on the significant sale of the SwiftKey product by Touchtype (a longstanding investment of Octopus Ventures) to Microsoft and investment in the luxury travel dealer Secret Escapes.
- Funds managed by Palatine Private Equity on the management buy-out of Gusto Restaurants and Bars and the management buy-out of The Alchemist Bar & Restaurant Limited from restaurant group Living Ventures.
- Certain shareholders of Coryton Advanced Fuels Limited on the significant investment by Lyceum Capital following the exit of Oakfield Capital Partners.
- MML Capital on its acquisition of and investment into Learning Curve Group, a provider of education, apprenticeship and training directly to learners and employers.
- The management team of Magicard in the £33m management buyout by LDC of the global ID cards business from Ultra Electronics Holdings plc.
Download: Private equity 'At A Glance'.