Book debt collect outs
Our specialist book debt collections team has extensive experience in receivables finance recoveries and insolvent company debt collection.
Whether you are having difficulty with a single assigned debt or a volume ledger, our team is on hand to assist you with your recovery requirements.
It is adept and experienced at quickly resolving claims that arise from companies becoming financially stressed or entering into a formal insolvency process.
The team works alongside Shoosmiths' receivables finance and banking litigation and insolvency teams to maximise recoveries where matters become defended or complex.
Our services include:
- recovery of individual debts for your live clients
- assistance with prioritising recoveries for stressed companies
- collectability assessments on ledgers
- on-site attendance to assist in the company credit function
- on-site attendance for collection of supporting documentation
- day one supervision of ledgers
- legal support for DCAs or in-house collections teams
- aggressive pre-legal recovery attempts once your efforts are exhausted
- negotiating pre litigation settlements
- enforcement of personal guarantees
- undefended legal recoveries in the county court
- statutory demands and winding-up or bankruptcy petitions
- Enforcement of substantial personal guarantees for a banking client
- Pursuing a volume ledger collect out for an invoice discounting client with complex warranty and set-off claims
- Pursuing high value employee loans for a merchant banking client in administration
- Issuing a winding up petition on behalf of HMRC for a failed CVA