Our secured and commercial recoveries team deals solely with the recovery of debts owing by commercial borrowers.
In particular, we specialise in the recovery of debts secured by mortgages over real estate, including the appointment of fixed-charge receivers and enforcement of personal guarantees.
We offer our clients a bespoke commercial approach on each case and benefit from working together with colleagues across the firm in order to provide top level specialist advice. We have the benefit of being able to offer commission based recoveries and fixed fees and place an emphasis upon efficiency.
In addition to our debt recovery work we are able to undertake security reviews, to advise as to the enforceability of the defective security and to advise on landlord and tenant issues.
Our clients benefit from the efficiencies gained by us using class leading case management systems and from the provision of real-time management information.
Clients are always looking at new methods of debt recovery and we constantly innovate to meet client demand.
Recent experience includes:
- Appointment of receivers to avoid future liability under a lease in excess of £500,000
- Recoveries strategy for dealing with environmental contamination at a site in a National Park, to enable the sale of charged land
- Negotiation of sale of landlocked site and ransom strips on behalf of first charge lender
- Advice as to regulatory and statutory compliance
- Recovery of liabilities secured on multiple properties owned by individual and corporate borrowers registered outside of the jurisdiction, debt in excess of £60m
- Commission-based recovery project for defective security and statute barred debt