Our marine dispute resolution team excels in the provision of legal services in the sector. As well as acting for key players in the marine insurance market, we regularly act for owners, banks, corporate service providers, brokers and marine trades.
Our marine disputes team understands the challenges and changing times being faced by the leisure marine industry.
Disputes affect the performance of your business, so we seek pragmatic solutions through negotiation and more formal litigation routes to protect your commercial and legal interests.
Our marine dispute resolution team is experienced in acting for owners, boat yards and builders, distributors and manufacturers on an array of issues, including breach of contract, charter disputes, sale of goods disputes, collisions and marine based personal injury. We also advise owners on potential actions against marine surveyors and sponsors of high profile race teams.
We have experience in cross-border disputes throughout Europe and beyond, and correspond with our global network of lawyers and experts to protect your position and provide strategic advice in conjunction with our own extensive experience in the Admiralty Court.
Our marine disputes specialists take a proactive approach to resolving marine disputes by providing unambiguous advice and taking decisive action to find a practical solution quickly, employing a variety of settlement techniques, including mediation and arbitration.
We proceed to litigation only if it is considered a necessary and cost effective solution.
As a firm with offices across the UK, we are members of British Marine, Superyacht UK, YBDSA and the RYA.
- Acting for banks in respect of non-payment of marine mortgages of vessels located in Italy and Spain, including the arrest and subsequent repossession of vessels for sale by our client
- Securing reimbursement of a client's outlay following the rejection of a vessel which did not comply with RCD and was not seaworthy without resorting to litigation
- Acting for owners and insurers following a collision between two super yachts in the Caribbean that caused several million pounds worth of damage, including the negotiation of the repair contract to enable our client's yacht to be repaired as soon as practicable
- Dealing with a claim by a minor rendered tetraplegic by an accident on board a private yacht in Portuguese territorial waters
- Acting for a repair yard in respect of a dispute regarding non-payment of outstanding invoices following the refit of a pleasure boat