"We had an urgent problem with access to one of our stores. Shoosmiths swung into action immediately. Their understanding of the needs of a retail client is truly exceptional."
With offices nationwide, we can provide assistance with possession claims across the country, whether of commercial, residential or mixed use properties, whether owned on a freehold or leasehold basis.
We appreciate that the ability to gain possession of your property quickly and cost-effectively is key to maintaining the value of your asset.
How we can help you
- With squatter and traveller claims, both through court proceedings and by using self- help remedies.
- Bringing and defending claims for adverse possession.
- Pursuing possession claims against tenants and former tenants.
- With site clearance in advance of redevelopment.
- By enforcing possession orders in the High Court using certificated bailiffs.
- Dealing with goods left behind in premises after possession has been obtained.
- Acting for LPA Receivers to obtain vacant possession in order to achieve asset sales.
- Bringing possession claims against insolvent tenants.
- Acting for a pub company in terminating a tenancy where the tenants had defaulted on the terms of the agreement and resorted to violence when asked to vacate. We were successful in obtaining both a possession order and recovery of 90% of our client's costs, enabling it to protect its staff from further incidents and re-let the premises.
- Acting for separate clients we recovered possession of a car park that had been occupied by travellers; and obtained possession against squatters who had taken up residence of a vacant factory building.
- Obtaining a possession order of a property owned by an individual who had committed a series of fraudulent property transactions. Following a successful possession claim, the property was sold to realise precious funds for the mortgagee and other creditors.
- Acting for a property development company in court proceedings against squatters who had taken possession of a site in protest against plans to build a supermarket.